Words can’t even describe how excited I am to be writing this article! Earlier this year, the Girls Impact the World organization sponsored their first annual scholarship contest to help women pursue education in fields that have traditionally been reserved for men.
And guess what? I won! Read on to find out more about Girls Impact the World and what they’re doing to impact our world in a positive way.
The Girls Impact the World Scholarship was created to help young women make a difference in their communities and the world.
The scholarship provides financial assistance to help offset the cost of tuition, books, and other educational expenses.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be female high school seniors or college freshmen, sophomores, or juniors who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Additionally, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrate financial need.
The selection committee looks for applicants who are leaders in their schools and communities and who have a vision for how they will use their education to make a difference in the world.
The ConnectHER Film Festival is an international youth competition that invites young people to submit short films about issues that affect women and girls.
The story behind GITW
The Girls Impact the World Scholarship was created to help young women make a difference in their communities.
Since its inception, the scholarship has awarded over $1 million in scholarships to deserving young women. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be female high school seniors who are US citizens or legal residents.
They must also be planning to pursue a career in a STEM field. FAQs about the Girls Impact the World Scholarship can be found on our website.
Frequently asked questions
If you’re thinking about applying to the Girls Impact the World Scholarship, or if you’ve already applied and are wondering about the next steps, here are 10 questions you might have about the application process and scholarship itself.
- What is the Girls Impact the World Scholarship?
The goal of this program is to raise awareness and empower girls from underserved communities through an opportunity to participate in GirlCon 2020 and be empowered by hearing from female leaders in their industries
- How much is the scholarship worth?
The scholarship is worth $2,500.
- How many scholarships will be awarded?
25 scholarships will be awarded in total.
- Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
Any girl between the ages of 13 and 18 who has a project or idea that could make a positive impact on her community is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- How do I apply for the scholarship?
You can fill out an online application form on our website.
- Who is eligible for the Girls Impact the World Scholarship?
The Girls Impact the World Scholarship is open to any girl who will be attending an accredited college or university in the United States for the 2019-2020 academic year. You must be between the ages of 16 and 22, and you must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- How can I apply for the Girls Impact the World Scholarship?
You can apply for the Girls Impact the World Scholarship by filling out an online application. The application will ask you for basic information about yourself, your academic achievements, and your financial need. You will also be asked to write a short essay about how you plan to use your education to make a difference in the world.
- Why does GITW only accept applications through CommonLit?
We want to make sure that everyone who applies has access to the same resources and support. CommonLit is a free online reading platform that provides level-appropriate texts for students in grades 3-12. By using CommonLit, we can be confident that all applicants are reading from the same leveled playing field. Additionally, CommonLit offers extensive supports for educators, which we hope will benefit our applicants as they prepare their materials.
- When is the deadline to apply for the Girls Impact the World Scholarship?
The deadline to apply for the Girls Impact the World Scholarship is March 1st.
- How much money does the Girls Impact the World Scholarship provide? The Girls Impact the World Scholarship provides $500 to $5,000 in scholarships to eligible applicants. The amount of money awarded depends on various factors, including financial need and academic merit.
- How to be eligible: To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be female high school students who will be attending an accredited college or university in the United States. Students must also have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrate financial need. Interested applicants can find more information and apply for the scholarship on the website.
- Application Process: The application for the Girls Impact the World Scholarship includes some personal information, like your name and contact information. Some of this information is required so that we can get in touch with you if you’re selected as a winner. Other information, like your date of birth, is requested so that we can verify your eligibility. We take your privacy seriously, and we will never sell or share your information with anyone without your consent.
History of GITW
The Girls Impact the World Scholarship was created in 2014 by twelve young women who wanted to make a difference in their community. They were tired of seeing scholarships go to students who didn’t need them, so they decided to create their own.
The criteria for this scholarship is simple: applicants must be female and must be enrolled in an accredited college or university. There are no GPA requirements or essay topics.
To date, the GITW has awarded over $100,000 in scholarships to young women across the United States.